Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pierced

You don't want to irritate Charlie Pierce. He writes an open letter to Holy Joe Lieberman:
    Congratulations, Joe Lieberman, you won. Now shut your trap...

    ...I mean, "I’m not ruling it out, but I hope I don’t get to [the] point" that you’ll throw the Senate to the Republicans. You were elected the junior senator from Connecticut, not National Pain in the Arse...

    ...No more entertaining Tim Russert with plans for victory in Iraq. (More troops into the sandbox! Yeah, that’s a winner.) Just take care of the people who finance your ego, and don’t make me call that new senator from Montana who looks like John Goodman in The Big Lebowski. I don’t think you want to mess with him.
Further kudos for the line about how "Senator Obama was getting his halo buffed" when he might otherwise have been occupied, say, campaigning for Lamont.

No comments: