Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Browser rant

Microsoft has announced it will release a new version of IE later this year with improved security features. I guess they were feeling the heat from Firefox. To be honest, I'm not a big Microsoft-hater but I like Firefox, primarily for the tab browsing (can IE do this too? If so, how?) which allows me, with one click to open up my browser along with my ten favorite websites. They tell me it's also more secure but I don't really know much about that stuff. However, I can't tell you how many times I've opened blogger in IE and in Firefox at the same time, and IE has loaded it quicker, allowing me to create a blong entry and post while Firefox just sits there. Now explain that - free internet freeks!

While we're on the subject, I'm currently at work using an iMac and Safari. Not only does the blogger preview not work, neither does the spell check and the insert link button doesn't even appear. Perhaps this is all a problem of compatability with Mozilla, which apparently some websites aren't very concerned about. I imagine the growing popularity of Firefox will change that.

No comments: