Thursday, November 30, 2006

with friends like these...

Shaun gets it exactly right:
    I wish it was simply a matter of Republican lies, though. One of the most distressing aspects of what's become known as the "botched joke" affair (though it's hard to judge how botched a joke that generated audible laughter really was) was the willingness, sometimes seemingly gleeful, of many ostensibly liberal commentators in the mainstream media and the blogosphere alike to throw John Kerry under the bus.
For the record, this is what makes me think about turning my back on political activism altogether. I expect sleaze and hatred from the other side, but I don't think I will ever get used to the violence your political "friends" will inflict on you in order to climb ahead over your bleeding body.

My list is really short. I'll vote for the democrat in 2008, no matter who it is, but there's only one democrat who inspires me enough to the point where I'm ready to sign on for the long, painful slog.

No comments: