Saturday, March 12, 2005

In need of a scoop

It's pretty amusing that the Moonie Times thinks Rice might run for President in '08, considering this is what she told their editors.
    "I never wanted to run for anything -- I don't think I even ran for class anything when I was in school," she said. "I'm going to try to be a really good secretary of state; I'm going to work really hard at it.
    "I have enormous respect for people who do run for office. It's really hard for me to imagine myself in that role."
    She was then pressed on whether she would rule out a White House bid by reprising Gen. William T. Sherman's 1884 declaration: "If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve."
    "Well, that's not fair," she protested with a chuckle. "The last thing I can -- I really can't imagine it."

No comments: