Sunday, August 26, 2007

Re-entry?

Been away for a while, busy with family matters, and eyeing the political maelstrom, am finding it tremendously unappealing. But in an attempt to stick one toe back in the shark-infested waters, here are a few unvarnished observations. I apologize in advance for the sour tone.
  • No matter how many times I am told otherwise by some know-it-all on a cable news show, this is one democrat who is not pleased, not even a little bit pleased, by the choices I'm being offered for president. Each one of the candidates has at one point said something I find unobjectionable, maybe even a little intelligent, but I remain unmoved. And uncommitted.
  • It goes without saying that the republican candidates are the most leprous, pandering, cynical bunch of self-important assholes I've ever seen assembled at one time. They make that loathsome Bush-hugging sellout John McCain look like a man of principle.
  • On a tangentially related matter, I've received several comments over the past few weeks about the John Kerry for President button that is permanently affixed to my bag. Note to all you wits out there who can't resist making what you consider to be a clever comment on the subject: I've heard them all, so stuff it. I'm still waiting to see someone - anyone - display a fraction of Kerry's grace, integrity, and thoughtfulness.
  • George W Bush pronounces certain words in the too careful way a drunk would, and somehow manages to make citizen come out sounding like shit-i-zhen.
  • Anyone who believes a single word anyone in the Bush administration says is a fool.
And that's all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you took the words right out of my mouth!
mbk

PS again, I had to post anonymously, since I can't figure out how to set up an account here

beachmom said...

Thanks, Diane, for a great post. I've felt a bit sour on politics lately, too. Stuff like the FISA bill, and August being the Let's Bash the 2004 Kerry Campaign Month. Hopefully, once the Senate comes back into session, things will get better.