Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lt. Andrew J. Bacevich, 27, of Walpole, Mass.

This is the first thing I heard to this morning, and it's also why I was in tears before I was even awake. There are no words adequate to express how sad this is.

Steve Clemons says it very well:
    But this young man did serve his nation -- but his death is so incredibly tragic, like the others -- but his even more because his well-respected father has been working hard to end this horrible, self-damaging crusade. It's incredibly sad.

    To answer my own question above. Andrew Bacevich's son's life was precious -- and his life and his untimely death matter greatly for just waking up and realizing we are achieving nothing in Iraq today and that responsibility must be borne by the perpetrators of this mess.

    My sincere condolences to the Bacevich family.
Not to forget the 335 other families who have had their lives ripped apart since February 1.

No comments: