Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The empty suit acts all tough

Via Salon, from last night's debate:
    77 minutes. Now Romney tries to appear tougher than McCain. "I don't want them on our soil. I want them in Guantánamo where they don't get the access to lawyers they get when they're on our soil. I don't want them in our prisons. I want them there," he says. "Some people have said we ought to close Guantánamo. My view is, we ought to double Guantánamo." More applause. Habeas corpus sucks!
If anyone is curious to hear what Massachusetts Republican strategist Jim Nuzzo thinks of Romney, you can find it here. I'll just tell you that the phrase "all hat, no cattle" was uttered in the course of the discussion.

[UPDATE]: Having now visited Digby and Crooks and Liars, the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck. These creeps raise pandering to the level of a cartoon. I don't know which ones are scarier, those who appear to actually believe what they are saying (Tancredo, Hunter, Brownback), or those who lie as if they were born to it (Romney, Giuliani). Or McCain, whose last few years' worth of pandering seem to have driven him over the edge.

No comments: