Saturday, October 21, 2006

Someone's trying to push Kerry around.

I have a few things to say about this week's tempest in a teapot. I donate money to John Kerry and his PAC because he is the person I trust to see that it's distributed to the candidates who need and deserve it most. I have no such faith in the DSCC or the DCCC. Chuck Schumer does not speak for me. John Kerry does.

I don't know where anyone in those organizations - or this anonymous twit - comes off telling me that they have a right to the money I donated.

If I'd wanted to donate to the DSCC or the DCCC directly, I've had ample opportunity to do so. I like Kerry's ideas, I like the passionate way he's speaking out, raising money, and campaigning as if it was his own job on the line. And in a way, it is. Does anyone seriously think that Kerry is in less than 100%? Check out his schedule. Check out c-span2 and see what he has to deal with day after day in the senate.

Who's behind this pressure, anyway? It wouldn't be any of his well-connected, DLC, hardwired into the democratic power machine potential 2008 presidential rivals (no names mentioned here), would it? The convenient beneficial side effect being either the stripping away of a strong rival's warchest or embarrassing him publicly.

Kerry needs to make no apologies to anyone, and I hope - and expect - that he won't cave in to this shameless ploy. He just needs to keep on doing what he's already doing. He has my full support.

No comments: